Hey, a few notes about the “subscribe” mechanism.
I know you might find it a little strange, but I decided to run this blog completely cost-free, including the subscription mechanism.
I explained in-depth why in this article, but here’s a summary of how it works:
- If you do decide to “subscribe”, click the button below and register in the Firebase-Ui popup. The password doesn’t matter, just input anything longer than 6 characters.
- ✉️ Please verify your email (Firebase will handle this automatically, you should get an email to the address that you chose to subscribe with).
- Your email will be stored in the
Firebase’s system (for free!).
- At times, I might decide that I wrote a post interesting enough so that I email the subscribers about it.
❗ A few caveats to this system:
- I won’t have an email automatically sent every time I post something. It doesn’t make sense for me. You’d hate me for it. Worse, I’d hate myself for it.
- I can’t spam, even if I wanted to, because I would have to write something and send it. I’m waaaay too lazy for that, I promise.
- Unsubscribing is not supported out of the box, yet, maybe never will be. That means you have to contact me and let me know that I should delete your email from that list.
Still want to go for it?
Yes, I’m a CSS person, as I’m sure you noticed. /s